Enrichment Programs for Fulbright Students
Information for Fulbright grantees sponsored by the Institute of International Education (IIE), LASPAU, and AMIDEAST.
One To World cooperates with IIE, LASPAU and AMIDEAST to bring you monthly programs and activities especially designed for Fulbright students. Our goal is to create substantive programs that enrich your experience in the New York area and broaden your understanding of contemporary life and culture in the U.S.
Throughout the year (September through May approximately), One To World sponsors a variety of programs - bus and walking tours, concert and theater parties, receptions, and other social activities. We provide opportunities for Fulbright students to visit business, educational and cultural centers and meet New Yorkers prominent in industry, government, and the arts. You can expect to receive periodic announcements via mail (& email) which highlight upcoming Fulbright student activities as well as other One To World programs that may be of interest to you such as:
- Conversations with World Leaders Series - One To World’s Conversations with World Leaders program is a series of face-to-face meetings with CEO’s, philanthropists, civic leaders and other important New Yorkers who make time in their hectic schedules to meet with Fulbright students for an exchange of ideas and life stories.
- Global Classroom - Fulbrighters from around the globe make curriculum-related presentations on their home countries and cultures to students in New York City public schools.
- Community Visits - Enjoy short-term home hospitality with American host families.
- One To World Walks - Explore New York City's most diverse neighborhoods on our One To World walks guided walking tours.
- Campus-to-Career - Prepare yourself for the professional working world through workshops and behind-the-scenes employment programs.
- Foreign Affairs Conferences - Represent your country & culture as an international student delegate to the prestigious foreign affairs conference held annually at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
We encourage all Fulbright students to sign-up for our free, weekly e-mail newsletter with updates about exciting One To World programs. To receive the newsletter, please send an e-mail message to: email@example.com. (Be sure to identify yourself as a "Fulbright student" so that we can place your name on the proper list!)
For more information on One To World's Fulbright Student Enrichment Programs, please contact Alison Cho, Coordinator of Enrichment Programs, at (212) 431-1195 x26 or email Alison.